VMZ Standing seam
cold roof on vented plywood
- Roofs with a pitch from 3° to vertical
- Both renovation and new buildings
Surface finishes as follows
|Weight* Kg/m²||Approx 6 kg/m²|
|Pitch||from 3° to 90°|
|Provides continuous rigid deck for the VMZ ZINC PLUS|
|Plywood decking is readily available and widely used|
|Provides excellent pull-out resistance|
- Plywood boards must be at least 18mm thick and of exterior grade.
- All the substrates must be flat, dry, and sufficiently resistant to stress (e.g. pull-out force of 50 daN per standing seam fixing clip). This resistance needs to be guaranteed through ageing and humidity.
- Maximum difference in height of 1mm between support elements of the VMZ ZINC PLUS. The deflection measured under a rigid 600mm long straight edge cannot exceed 2mm in all directions.
- The nails/screws are countersunk in order to avoid any contact with the VMZ ZINC PLUS.
VMZ ZINC PLUS is installed on the plywood a 50mm continuous air gap must be left clear beneath the support of the VMZ ZINC PLUS, on all the roof pitches.
Continuous ventilation openings are made at the top and bottom.
In order to keep the integrity of the roof, it is recommended to install VMZINC breather membrane on the cold side of the insulation and a vapour control layer adapted to the internal humidity load of the building, on the warm side of the insulation. A bituminous vapour barrier is recommended.